This article will show you how to edit associations within HubSpot on the Contact or Company level.
- To edit labels for an existing association, hover over the association card that you want to edit, then click More:
- Set as primary (Companies only): for associated companies, select to make the company association primary. In the dialog box, select the checkbox and click Update. This primary association will be the associated company shown in the records index pages, and be referenced by lists, workflows, cross-object reports, and personalization tokens.
- Remove as primary (Companies only): for associated companies, select to remove this company association as primary. In the dialog box, use the dropdown menu to select a new primary company, then click Update.
- Edit association: select to update the association label. In the dialog box, click the dropdown menu and select a new label or click x to remove a label. Click Update.
- Remove association: select to remove the association completely. In the dialog box, click remove association to finalize the removal.